Thursday, June 7, 2012

My creative space: incidental drawing

 I feel like I've had to steal time to draw lately, so I've been sketching in strange places.  Today when I was having my Thurdsay day off coffee in my local cafe, I had a crab's claw sitting on the table to sketch.  It'll be handy for the zine I'm working on. 
I finished it off in the laundromat. 
 
I drew these kowhai leaves early one morning when I was watching Mr. Millicent Crow play on the bFM breakfast show:

Then I gave them a lick of paint at home.

And the other day when I felt like I'd been unusually restrained in the op shop I drew a list of the things I didn't buy that day, also over a cup of coffee:

One thing I did buy from the op shop that day though was this cake stand.  I'm going to use it on my stall, for displaying brooches or patches. 
 
Isn't she a beauty?

Joining in with "my creative space" today over here.

Happy Thursday to you!

4 comments:

  1. I particularly LOVE the bright pop of green with them kowhais there nice. I do like your interesting (sometimes random) sketching - always a new perspective to look at things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh great cake plate - I hope you sometimes use it for cakes, too! :) Love the drawings of things you didn't buy at op-shops - I've taken to photographing things that catch my eye but I don't want to buy...then I still get to have them in a way. x helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fab find at the oppy.....definitely too hard to resist. will be great for displaying items.
    Love the Kowhai leaves, I like having a pen and notebook for making drawings when I'm out and about.
    Always fun to have something on the go, wherever you are.....

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha.. I love how you stole time to sketch... anywhere and everywhere! Very cute sketches and I love that cake stand.... gorgeous

    ReplyDelete